Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

So I've been thinking about doing this for some time but apparently needed the push of the new year to get me started.  I got the idea from a friend of mine (that's you Bethany :-) ).  My New Year's Resolutions are
  1. To start writing in a journal.
  2. To do a better job at keeping up with friends and family.
  3. To start and finish my wedding album (I'm ashamed to say it's been over two years since the wedding).
  4. To get on a schedule and stick to it!
  5. And finally to lose weight.
In order to really stick to my resolutions this year, as I've never done before, I decided to start writing this blog.  I want this blog to serve several purposes.  First of all it will serve as my journal, slightly embarrassing as all of you will be reading it, but I promise to remain honest.  Secondly, I am absolutely terrible at keeping in touch with people.  You would think facebook would help with this, but I mostly just read what everyone else is doing and do very little posting myself.  So this is a way for my friends and family to keep track of me and see what I'm up to.  I promise to keep this blog mostly free of statistics talk!!  :-)  I also see this as a way to share my struggles with keeping a particular schedule (being self motivated to work on my research has become a bit of a problem) and my struggles with eating right and dragging myself out of bed to workout.

At best this will help others through similar struggles and let them know that they aren't alone, and at worst it will simply be a therapeutic way for me to reflect on my life :-)

I guess that is all for now, will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment