Monday, January 10, 2011

Bring on the Jetsons...

Being a housewife is tough but being a housewife whose also a grad student is absolutely exhausting.  I haven't been sticking to my schedule during the day perfectly but given that I just started implementing it I feel that I'm doing fairly well.  Getting up at 6 in the morning really isn't that hard until about 2 in the afternoon when I find myself falling asleep while staring at my computer.  Today I was able to push through just telling myself you only have to make it until 5.  But that's not quite true.  At 5 I take Jewels to the park or for a walk and then I come home and make dinner.  Now all of that wouldn't be so bad except that with making dinner comes the hassle of cleaning up after dinner.  There's unloading the dishwasher and reloading all the new dishes that accumulated throughout the day.  There's putting all of the stuff you drug out to make dinner with back and cleaning everything that can't go in the dishwasher.  And when you finally get a chance to sit down you just stare at the carpet and think man I need to vacuum!  Then there's laundry, cleaning, menu planning, and all of those other horrible weekly chores.  I don't know how you housewives do it!  I know I'm being a little (okay maybe alot) whiny, but I'm TIRED!!  So I say bring on the Jetsons.  I can't wait for the days of robots that do all of these chores for you :-)

Well those dishes aren't going to do themselves!  Mom, I promise I will write something profound tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment